A Creative Community for the Creative Community
At Rocketspark we have 100's of New Zealand graphic designers that design websites for their clients on our platform.
Most of them are working Mums that work from home, and one of the biggest bits of feedback we had over the lockdown period was the real sense of disconnectedness from the wider creative community. A lot of our designers are also artists and illustrators. We’ve also been catching up with photographers and videographers, and again there’s an appetite for community.
Our goal is to organise a meetup, not just for our designers, but for anyone feeling a sense of creative disconnect that works in the creative space. It will be agnostic, not a sales pitch for Rocketspark, a community event that brings value and connection to those that attend.
Doors open at 5:30 with drinks and nibbles in the foyer area, speakers start at 6:00.
Speakers will have short but effective 10 minute slots.
- Illustration and Design Effectiveness
- Speaker: Bron Alexander - renowned New Zealand illustrator and designer
- Better Design, Better Designers
- Speaker: Jeremy Johnson - Head of Design and Product for Rocketspark
- Brand and Space
- Alexander Wastney, Design Director, Designwell