About the role
We are seeking a superstar all-rounder marketer who shares the vision and values of Rocketspark. This is a hands-on content and digital marketing role that requires proven experience in content and digital marketing.
You need to be gifted at telling the stories of our brand, our product, and our customers. You’ll also need to be experienced with writing for organic and paid digital channels. We’d love it even more if you’re creative, with the skillset to create graphics and/or videos that will help to get our brand name heard and recognised by people in need of a website or ecommerce solution in New Zealand and abroad..
You need to be a fast learner—someone who can not only draw out our brand story, company history and future dreams quickly, but you’ll need to be comfortable with ongoing learning about our software as it evolves over time. Can you convert tech-talk to everyday language when conveying the value of Rocketspark to our customers?
We’re looking for a great team player who can be flexible, adaptable and able to work across multiple comms channels and tasks—for the common goal of customer acquisition.
This is a 40hr/week full-time role that would be ideal for a marketing extraordinaire with intermediate experience. Apart from creating organic and paid content for different distribution channels, this role may include moderate amounts of design and video production, email marketing, or project management for paid digital campaigns.
Our strong preference is someone with design and video-making skills that could contribute to our visual comms production, or someone who is SaaS experienced or from a PR or journalism background. But if that’s not you and you think you're nailing all other criteria we’d still love to hear from you.
This is a full time position but we will consider super star candidates for a part time role to fit with school hours.
Skills and experience
- Formal tertiary qualification in marketing, communications, PR, or related field
- 2 years or more experience working in a similar role
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with writing for search rankings
- Proven track record of successfully implementing creative marketing campaigns that deliver results for acquiring new customers
- A self-starter who can manage your own workload and multi-task
- An ability to hit the ground running, come up to speed quickly and adapt to the role as required
- Creative design skills, graphics and ability to produce simple videos
- Experienced with Google AdWords and other paid digital channels
- Experience working with internal and external creative and media agencies
- Experienced with segmented email marketing
- Has worked in SaaS, software or other tech industry
Application close date:
This role is open for applications until 6 Nov 2020 but if we find the right person before that time, the job application will close earlier.
You’ll need to be able to start asap or before summer.
You’ll need to work from our headquarters in Cambridge the majority of the time. Flexible and innovative working approaches will be considered for the right candidate.