Fullstack Web Developer (Intermediate/Advanced)
Rocketspark have created an award winning, beautifully simple website builder. We are a fast growing company that is expanding internationally and our client list includes some of the biggest names in New Zealand, Australia and Europe.
Our headquarters so to speak is in Cambridge, New Zealand where you will find the majority of our team.
- Self motivated and driven.
- Ready to learn something complex really fast.
- Good written and oral communication to work well in our team.
- A natural feel and intuition for customers problems and how best to solve them.
- An eye for detail to spot any issues with upcoming features. You can spot internal padding doesn't match the design. Or maybe some code's not indented correctly!
- Experience in coding best practices, foresight into pros and cons of coding patterns in larger systems. You have an ability to code in a simple but well structured way that incorporates good code reuse.
- Ability to plan, spec and lead feature development from start to finish.
- 2 - 3 years minimum industry experience with frontend and backend development.
- App development experience with HTML, TS/JS, Vue, CSS, PHP and MySQL.
- Start date: Immediately
- Location: The Rocketspark office is in Cambridge, 20 minutes drive from Hamilton. You will need to work from our Cambridge office.
- Note to overseas/international applicants, you must hold a New Zealand residency or citizenship to apply for this role.
- Equipment: You will be supplied with an iMac (no PCs allowed, we will show you the way). All other software is supplied by Rocketspark.
How to apply:
- Create a 30 day free trial website at https://www.rocketspark.com
- Edit the feature area images of the site, upload a picture of something you really enjoy doing for fun. (iStock photos can help!)
- Arrange some stacks and blocks on the homepage with your cover letter. Showcase some of your work and expertise.
- Edit the sites design, create your own colour scheme.
- Email Richard King — Co-Founder email@example.com with your CV and a link to your Rocketspark trial website URL. (No need to set the site live).